My Techie Blog

Windows Azure

Windows Azure

Windows Phone

WorkFlows

WSS V3

xml

When you click the print button from the ReportViewer control (Sql Server 2005)you get the
error: Unable to load client print control
I never had this issue with ReportViewer control (Sql Server 2000).
After doing some research it came out that there were many solutions to this depending on your environment.

1) Installing the RSClientPrint.Cab  which can be found in the program Files\MSSQL Server\Reporting Services\ReportSerer\bin\.. folder.
But with this you would have to deploy this cab to all the clients.. hmm...

2) The second solution is to remove some security updates from > Control Panel > Add/Remove software but make sure the 'Show Update' checkbox is checked. Look for security updates 956803 and 956391 and remove them.
And that sould do the trick too..

3) I reckon the this last option is the way to go .
Just go and download : Security Update for SQL SERVER SP2
After installation it worked like a charm

posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:16 PM

Feedback

# re: Error:Unable to load client print control 1/9/2009 1:55 AM 'Lekan Adewale
Hi Patrick,
The solution came in time I really need it. A client called this morning complaining of the print issue.

Thanks..
and Happy New Year!!!

# re: Error:Unable to load client print control 1/25/2009 3:47 PM Susan Silverman
I cannot deploy this patch in step 3 on my 64-bit server because it says I am already at a higher patch level. Any options other than removing the patches you list in step 2? Thanks!

# re: Error:Unable to load client print control 5/7/2009 11:42 PM sanjay
i have implemented the option 3 but it is not working.can any one help me?

# re: Error:Unable to load client print control 5/8/2009 12:36 AM vijay
print button is not working after apply point 3

# re: Error:Unable to load client print control 5/16/2009 2:32 AM Tayron Ovares
The follow fix work for me

Windos server 2003 64