D'Arcy from Winnipeg
Solution Architecture, Business & Entrepreneurship, Microsoft, and Adoption

Bring Chipotle To Canada!

Thursday, July 3, 2008 11:00 AM
I've had a dream...a dream for a number of years. That dream is the culmination of being able to feast on quality burrito and taco goodness from Chipotle, a chain of Mexican restaurants in the US. For too long Canadians like myself have been burdened with the sub-par crap served to us from places like Taco Bell and Taco Time...as if Canadians wouldn't understand what Mexican food was unless the word "Taco" was in the name.

This has become front and center to me since joining the Twitter Tribe and being inundated daily with taunts from my American brethren:

"Going to Chipotle for lunch."
"Eating three steak tacos with guac and salsa...being American is awesome!"
"Hey D'Arcy, do you have lunch plans? We're going to Chipotle."
"Feeling like Chipotle today"
"We have too many Chipotles...let's go burn some down." *
"I almost went to Chipotle today, but then thought 'na...I'll just piss of Canadians by going to Subway instead.' "
"OMG, I'm in my bathtub right now covered with salsa and sour cream, and rubbing a Chipotle burrito on my belly." **

Well I've had it...its time for action, and the *best* way to spring to action is obviously...AN ONLINE PETITION!

So if you share my dream of seeing a Chipotle in every Canadian city then SIGN MY PETITION! Together we can bring quality quick-service Mexican food to the throngs of Canadians drowning in sub-par refried bean hell!

D

*Note - Ok, this was an exageration...no Chipotle's were burnt down to think the numbers...at least to my knowledge.
** Note - Oddly enough, this comment came from Donald Belcham...I tried to tell him that Chipotle wasn't in Edmonton, but that didn't seem to matter.

Feedback

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

Just be glad you aren't in Australia... When I was down there a while back, we went looking for any type of Mexican Restaurant.... the only one we could find was a chain called Montezuma's.... We figured someone was out for revenge.

It was crappy.... 7/3/2008 11:20 AM | Cam

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

D, I'm sure you saw Jeff and my buddy's Chipotle stories. He's now officially a Chipotle MBA (Master Burrito Ambassador) - maybe he knows some connections that you could start harassing or at least send your petition to! geekswithblogs.net/jhall 7/3/2008 12:27 PM | Jerod Crump

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

Maybe your fellow GWB Chipotle MBA (Master Burrito Ambassador) can help point you in the right direction - surely he has some kind of Chipotle pull that could help you out!

http://geekswithblogs.net/jhall 7/3/2008 3:45 PM | Jerod Crump

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

Chipotle is already supposed to be building one in Toronto to start, and it should be open by the end of 2008 according to an October 2007 press release. 7/15/2008 9:14 AM | Moe

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

Yes, I just walked past the sign at Dundas Square in Toronto - a small 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper with the Chipotle logo at the top taped to a window . "We're opening our first Canadian location," it said. "Now Hiring", it said. "WOOHOOO!" I said. Yes, it's fast food. No it isn't real mexican. But it's delicious and the quality is top notch. I've been thinking for years that one in Toronto would be tremendously successful. Hopefully it will be and they'll open up a few more restaurants across our vast, great land :) 7/31/2008 12:35 PM | Gordon Wallace

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

I found it today by accident coz i thought that they were opening late this year. i ordered 2 burritos on the spot i love chipotle. i have been waitin for this moment for like 6 months pretty much last time i was back home in md. but finaly 8/21/2008 11:14 PM | mj

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

i love chipotle, mmmmmmmmmm i wish there were more out here in canada, i live in vancouver and really would love one here same with alot of people.. 10/5/2008 6:47 AM | corey

# Wish: Bring Chipotle To India!!!

I had a chance to eat at Chipotle in Dallas, TX.... and I loved it so much.... I wish they open their centers in India too... I miss them a lot...God fill my wish... 3/22/2009 6:57 PM | Nitin

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

I used to live in Texas, I used to eat Chipotle for lunch everyday, now that i'm back in Toronto, i can go to Yonge and Dundas in Toronto i can eat it everyday. I want a piece of hte pie (by pie i mean Burrito or 3 soft tacos). Let's help open more! I was there last night and they ran out of Barbacoa!

Why is everybody wishing they opened more, lets get off our asses and get the $ from people we know.

Neil 3/27/2009 4:45 AM | neil

# Bring Chipotle To India!

Chipotle! place for Mexican food & I love it inspite me being a strict vegeterian! I wish that Chipotle comes to India! I would go there everyday! 4/15/2009 4:13 AM | Dhaval

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

I recently had chance to visit Mayfield Heights, Ohio. Where I got chance to have Chipotle for lunch. we luved it, even packed for on the go to..
Bring the Chipotle to Toronto. 8/23/2009 7:11 PM | Nirav

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

yYES,YES, YES!!! While visiting fam in the Annapolis MD area my dear sister introduced my family to the fun-nominal Chipotle's we had lunch (WITH LEFTOVERS!!!). congrats to 'TO'. Probly the best win in town since the 67 leafs. but Brampton wants the next hurry hurry hurry!!!! 10/2/2009 4:44 PM | Brad from Brampton, on

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

We definitely need a Chipotle Mexican Grill in Montreal, i'd probably eat some every day and get fat, but i dont care cause this is the best restaurant in the entire world, Fo sho! 11/8/2009 8:27 PM | Marc-André Giroux

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

What's taking so long for Chipolte to make it's debut in Vancouver, BC? Gotta have it! 4/2/2010 3:37 PM | jk from Vancouver

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

We need it in Windsor Ontario.....i drive to the states and go an hour out of my way just to get 10$ worth of food.......i spend more on the gas 2/17/2011 1:35 AM | Tory Marino

coming soon 7/14/2012 7:24 PM | jessica montes

Mucho burritos is the same as chipotle 7/28/2014 4:05 PM | ralph

# re: Bring Chipotle To Canada!

yes, yes please bring Chipotle to Canada, how about Calgary, Ab.
We eat at Chipotle whenever we are in the U.S. And Toronto.
It is so good and healthy at a reasonable price! 9/21/2015 6:08 PM | Maxine