Geeks With Blogs
Hornet's Nest A few of Mike Hoerner's Favorite Topics


After we moved user mailboxes from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010, we had several users report issues with Communicator 2007 R2.

Issue: There was a problem connecting to Microsoft Office Outlook.  The e-mail address used in your default Outlook profile is different from the sign-in address used in Communicator.  Change your default Outlook profile to match the sign-in address you are using in Communicator, and then sign out and sign back in to Communicator.

MOC-3

Fix: We have a very large Exchange 2003 environment and quite a few Recipient Policies in our environment.  When you start your first mailbox moves from Exchange 2003 to 2010 and you have the Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy checkbox enabled under the E-mail Addresses tab for your users, you will need to check and make sure the user’s e-mail address did not change after the move especially if you have multiple Recipient Policies in your environment.  I will detail the issues with having multiple Recipient Policies and how it affects Exchange 2010 mailbox moves in another blog article.  To fix the above error message, we had to change the user’s email address back after it got changed after the mailbox move and request the user to logout of Communicator and log back in.

Issue: Communicator could not retrieve calendar or Out of Office information from Exchange Web Services.  Communicator will automatically continue to retry.  If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.

MOC-2

Fix: To fix the above issue, we installed the Microsoft April 2010 Communicator 2007 R2 cumulative update on the users machine.  Click here for the update.

Issue: There was a problem connecting to Microsoft Office Outlook.  Your Outlook profile is not configured correctly.  Contact your system administrator with this information.

MOC

Fix: We saw the above issue on two different user computers.  One computer was running Windows 7 and Office 2010 and another computer was running Windows XP SP2 and Office 2007 SP2.  To fix the issue on the Windows 7 computer, we installed the Microsoft April 2010 Communicator 2007 R2 cumulative update on the users machine.

To fix the issue on the Windows XP SP2 computer, we installed the Microsoft April 2010 Communicator 2007 R2 cumulative update and we ran Fixmapi.exe on the users machine.  Click here for the update.

Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:26 AM | Back to top


Comments on this post: Exchange 2010 Deployment Notes – Communicator 2007 R2 issues

No comments posted yet.
Your comment:
 (will show your gravatar)


Copyright © BWCA | Powered by: GeeksWithBlogs.net